Sunday, September 16, 2007

Landen is 1!

That's right....my little baby is not a baby anymore. Friday, he surpassed the month birthdays and stepped into "years!" Isaac & I were a bit reminiscent this week. There are not many moments when you can truly recall what you were doing exactly one year ago. Landen's birth was definitely one of those for us. Here are a few details:


  • Tuesday morning: Woke up with severe pain....surely this is labor, we walked Willowbend in hopes today was the day.....followed by a dr.'s appt that confirmed...Not the day!
  • Wednesday morning: The pain is getting worse...see the chiropractor...another ob dr. appt confirmed...Not in "true" labor
  • Thursday morning: After 2 hours of pushing, vacuum extractor and no baby, rushed to C-section

Probably more info than you ever wanted to know about Landen's arrival! However, I am comforted that the Lord sees the bigger picture. Isaac and I are blown away that we have spent one full year with this handsome little man. We cannot believe that He would be so gracious to us.

Some pictures from our party weekend:

Whistle Stop Station party! My son, looking at the cookie...
Yummy Cheetos puffs...(something he actually likes)
The cakes...
The Grand Prize Game....do you remember the Bozo Show?
What do you want me to do with this?

5 comments:

Richardsons of HV said...

I can't believe he is 1!!! How exciting!! Congrats, mom & dad!!! I love the cakes, too!
So fun to see you today as well! I love going to church and seeing people I know!

Nat Pat said...

happy birthday landen!
so fun!!!

Kristi said...

happy 1st, sweet boy! we are trying to get in those date nights and time together with just the two of us :-)

Nat Pat said...

TAG! You're it...

Anonymous said...

Landen is adorable. You have such a beautiful family.