
Just checking it out...

At home, after my 1st day of school...
Only a 20 minute nap today...and still happy!

After much prayer, I am slowly rejecting the idea that I am not a failure for being a working mom. Oh, the lies I have believed and the burden that has made my heart heavy!
And for those of you looking for reading material, I found this book....The Myth of the Perfect Mother by Carla Barnhill. It has been interesting. The author addresses where some of the myths came from, a look at the real life of stay-at-home moms and working moms and also depression. She asks some hard questions...such as "What is the ideal picture that you are trying to live up to?" If nothing else, it has been thought provoking.
5 comments:
I am praising the Lord that you had a great couple of days! God is good...and has been faithful, hasn't He? I met your friend Andi on Monday night. See you this weekend!
Landen sure looked snazy for his first day of school! I am so proud of you Kim! Thanks for all of your encouragement! Love you so much:)
My week is going well....it's always a little hard getting use to everything again. I miss playing with my boy all day. How about you? How is your week going?
Oh you are so not a bad mommy. Please don't ever think that. I am so happy that the Lord is dispelling that lie. Landen is so adorably cute, I miss that kid. Well and for that fact I miss you even more! Take care!
thanks for your sweet text and for praying for our family! josh comes back tomorrow! yay!
Post a Comment