Many firsts this Christmas.....our first Christmas celebrated in our home! So fun!! We had a "toddler" tree. (the one where your decorations are on the top half and out of reach of wee ones) He was cute, but a very close runner up with Charlie Brown's. Although, I do enjoy the smell of the real Christmas tree, I think I'm crossing over to the artificial next year. Landen tore into some of his presents this year! His top faves: a wagon and a dog pull-toy. Isaac & I also made a decision in regards to santa. (A lot of prayer and discussion) Lastly, we enjoyed brunch with the Stubblefields. Yummy Cindi's! A quaint NY deli with cheesy omelettes and scrumptious buttermilk pancakes! We have had an amazing time celebrating the birth of Jesus with our family and friends!!
On another note.....
Landen has had quite the battle of little germs the past two months....some bacteria and others viral, but ongoing nonetheless. I have swung on the emotional pendulum during all of this from peaceful to delirious. So, this morning my little guy wakes up, a little fussy, but nothing out of the ordinary. As he is munching on his breakfast, I notice a little reddened area on his chest underneath his jammies. So, I strip him down and find little lesions on his body...very similar to bug bites. My first thought...there must be ants in his bed! After searching the pjs as well as his room, I send Isaac to search outside for ant piles. Nothing! As the day progressed we noticed what once were bug bites have now spread all over his body and have transformed into a generalized "hivey-welpy" rash!! Turns out he is allergic to penicillin!! I thought about posting a pic, but realized it might be too graphic....so, I settled for pics BEFORE the contagious looking rash appeared.
Landen and one of his favorite friends (in the form of a stocking)Landen kissing sweet Avery Grace
Little Miss Avery Grace with her festive gear on!
No comments:
Post a Comment